The study by Sergei Boutenko showed that 10 superathletes who each drank a quart of green smoothie daily, for 6 weeks, experienced significant improvements in their bodies. The participants were suffering from different injuries before starting their smoothie regimen, including sore shoulders and elbows. Amazingly, these health problems slowly disappeared and they were even able to resume doing workouts that they couldn’t do before due to their injuries. When the athletes stopped drinking their smoothies after 6 weeks, the soreness started to flare up again.
Physically active individuals, athletes and those who work out need more protein ingredients in their smoothie regimens. Proteins help to build, repair, and maintain lean muscle mass that is maximized during exercise sessions and sporting events. When the body does not have enough protein, it can have a harmful effect on the fat-to-muscle conversion and proper metabolism. And what best way is there to easily and effectively spike consumption of proteins but through green smoothies since our bodies can only take as much fruits and green vegetables through consumption of table food.
To increase protein intake in green smoothie drinks, there needs to be an increase of high-protein ingredients. While protein powders are in abundance and may conveniently be used to achieve this purpose, these are processed ingredients. In addition, most protein powders aren’t budget-friendly. Besides, why resort to buying this when there are natural and healthier ways to make protein-rich green smoothies.
Try these 5 protein-packed real foods instead.
1. Chia Seeds – Since the ancient times, chia seeds have already been considered as a superfood because of its amazing nutrient content. It’s power packed with 4 grams of protein per tablespoon, in addition to fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and calcium. Just soak it for a few hours and its ready to be added to be blended in.
2. Oats – Many studies have proven that oats are beneficial for heart health, weight loss and diabetes. With 3-5 grams of protein per ½ cup, it’s very easy to have a protein-rich drink. Add 2 cups spinach which contains about 5 grams per cup and you easily get 13-15 grams of protein!
3. Kale – Don’t just add any green to your green smoothies because there are greens that are protein-packed like kale. One full cup of kale has about 3 grams of protein. You think a cup is too much? You will not notice its taste as soon as it is blended with your choice of fruits.
4. Almond, Soy or Organic Milk – Dairy is still an all-time excellent source of protein. A glass of any of these milk products will give you 6 – 8 grams protein. Use milk instead of water in your smoothies and you don’t only have a more delicious smoothie, but a protein-rich drink, too.
5. Hemp Seeds – Many people choose hemp seeds as their favorite protein ingredient and for good reason. Two tablespoons of this food product immediately gives about 9 grams of protein. And it doesn’t stop at being high up there on the protein content as it’s also packed with magnesium, iron and omega-3s. Bonus health tip: The healthy fats in this smoothie ingredient complement to help the body absorb the nutrients of kale better.
This article is published on my hub at hubpages.
My friend, Gunilla Hamne, wrote this wonderful and most informative book you should really get a copy of!
This book explains the basic causes of emotional and post-traumatic stress, and the physical and psychological symptoms it can lead to. It provides a First Aid technique to heal the symptoms that is called the Trauma Tapping Technique, TTT. TTT is easy enough to be learned by children, yet powerful enough to astound psychologists, psychiatrists and counselors as well as long time sufferers of trauma. In this book we will tell how you can use TTT to – Treat yourself – Treat others – Teach and treat large groups of people that can spread it even further.
Resolving Yesterday: First Aid for Stress and Trauma with TTT
We’ve always been bombarded with the mantra that a positive attitude brings abundance and success into our lives. Despite its popularity, however, many of us still fail to practice it in our lives because it’s easier said than done, and also, because there are those who still doubt how effective it can be.
This particular video podcast tells of my personal story of adapting a positive attitude in my life. Watch the short video to find out how the circumstance unfolds into a wonderful experience.
I was just refreshing some juicy exercises in my workshop: “Feedback Workshop – in Agile Teams”.
It´s so rewarding to take part when people start to want to give eachother feedback and desiring to get feedback themselves – gently, honestly and heartfelt. Even asking for feedback.
WOW – that´s a good Way of Working!
When a person starts viewing feedback as a gift – regardless, that’s true development.
I’m sure many of you have heard that we have to rotate greens in our greens smoothies or else it may become harmful for us. And many more are baffled as to why this could be. Here’s an excellent read that answers our questions.
http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/ Wed, 16 Mar 2011 05:00:52 -0700
You’ve probably heard it before, and I say it often – rotate your greens! But why? Why not just have the same two handfuls of spinach in every green smoothie you make, day in and day out? Well, there are a couple reasons.
This week the topic is how having the right perspective helps on setting goals and how to achieve them. Though we commonly hear about this, many of us actually have difficulty identifying their goals and, more importantly, realizing it.
Improve yourself, improve your life!
Kiwis and mangoes are two of my favorite ingredients for my smoothies. I saw this video showingg a really clever way to peel mangoes, kiwis and even avocados. I’m sure we could all learn from this.
Great way to peel fruit. Clever food hack to quickly remove the peel from certain fruits. Simple to do and could be handy when making a fruit salad. Perfect for a kiwi or mango, and even works…
Finally, it’s out on AMAZON!
Just a few days ago, we announced that we’re coming out with an e-book on GREEN SMOOTHIES WELLNESS AND WEIGHT LOSS RECIPES. Today, we’re so excited to share with everyone the happy news that you can already get your e-book copies, exclusively from Amazon for the meantime.
In this e-book you’ll find:
- 50 ++ easy to make GREEN SMOOTHIE recipes
- How to make delicious and healthy smoothies
- What makes Green Smoothies tastier
- Why Green Smoothies make it easier to consume vegetable nutrition in greater doses than you could ever manage to eat in a day
- The scientific background to why the green smoothie diet is healthier than eating them as whole fruits and vegetables in regular meals
- Why Green Smoothies may be used as meal replacement recipes. Green smoothies are complete nutritional meals by itself
- To make health drinks that are good for low-immune, gluten-free, lactose-free, milk-free, detox and low salt diet
- Health benefits of most fruits and vegetables that you can use for your easy smoothie recipes
- Tips on how to make endless variations of Green Smoothies on your own for your day-to-day menu
- How to handle emotional eating and weight issues that cannot be addressed with Green Smoothie recipes
- And much more!
This can be the most informative Green Smoothie Recipe Book you’ll get your hands on, ever! You can read the e-book on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device.
Be in the best of health always, and, enjoy life more with the GREEN SMOOTHIES lifestyle.
Get your copy today!
“None of us has the power to make someone else love us. But we all have the power to give away love, to love other people. And if we do so, we change the kind of person we are, and we change the kind of world we live in.”
Rabbi Harold Kushner
Author of Living a Life That Matters
WE’VE GOT WONDERFUL NEWS FOR YOU WHO WANT TO IMPROVE YOURSELF!
We have just recently released the first few of a series of weekly video podcasts that will empower you to be the best of who you want to be.
These free, short and easy-to-understand podcasts provide an introduction to techniques that, when applied, will help you live a Over the next weeks and months, you will be presented with a perfect blend of success ideas, resources and practical suggestions that you can easily apply in your own lives.
Watching these videos will help you to not only identify your goals, but, more importantly guide you on how to achieve amazing results in your personal and professional life!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/golden-opportunity/id954072359?l=en and get a new video episode with transcripts every Wednesday, or, you can watch them on our site http://www.goldenopportunitypodcast.com/.